Looking for a multi tasker that is gentle enough to use on all areas of the body, then read on and fall in love with this clever and nourishing green tube of goodness…
What You Need To Know About Weleda Skin Food
This little tube of green goodness has been around since 1926, created by one of the world’s leading natural skincare companies - Weleda. Why we love this brand – it is bio-dynamic, sustainable, ethical and cruelty free, not to mention it has been around for over 90 years, so they must be doing something right!
What Is Skin Food?
As its name suggests Skin Food literally feeds your skin from the outside using natural ingredients to nourish your skin. This liquid-gold, as it has been named by so many who use it, (A lot of celebrities which I will name later) is an all-rounder natural product – I love this because if you are anything like me, I am always on the lookout for a, natural, quick and easy multi-use product. Skin food is designed to hydrate, calm, heal and protect your skin. It can be used for a myriad of things for all areas of the body, healing and nourishing the skin using plant oils and extracts.
What Is In It?
Even though all the ingredients are not certified organic, it definitely does not mean this product should be shelved, no in fact I really appreciate the fact that Weleda have sourced only NATRUE - Certified ingredients (meaning it is Certified Natural to the highest international standards). Formulated with hero ingredients that are plant based like; beautiful organic Chamomile and Wild Pansy which are both known for their rich in anti-inflammatory properties, to soothe the skin. It also has Calendula Flowers and if you are not familiar with these, they contain essential oils, flavonoids and carotenoids - So??? You say…these not only will they help with inflammation also but Calendula deeply nourishes dry skin and helps with the healing process of any scars and cuts – amazing! Finally let us not forget about Rosemary, this little beauty stimulates blood circulation and is used to treat eczema and wounds that are hard to heal.
It is no secret that this product is wonderfully nourishing for the skin, so much so that the celebrities are using it and singing its praises! Just to name a few; Adele, Victoria Beckham, and Julia Roberts, can’t go past it due to its multi-tasking nature which extends past the use of a hand treatment! Even Rihanna has been known to request a few tubes with her manicurist prior to an appointment. This green tube has a cult following so you know there is something special about this product.
What Else Can You Use Weleda Skin Food For?
I have been using this ‘gold’ for over 2 weeks now and it is safe to say I have used it on every limb of my body including my cuticles and face. Here is my Top 10 list of uses for Weleda Skin Food:
- Hand Cream - Replenishes overworked hands, lather this on your hands before bed. For an intensive treatment wear cotton gloves overnight once you have applied Skin Food.
- Dry Feet & Cracked Heels – Intense treatment for dry feet and also helps to repair and soften hard, dry and cracked heels.
- Body Moisturiser on rough patches – I love to use Skin Food on those extra areas, like dry elbows and knees
- Eye Cream – I take a very small amount and pat under my eyes before bed to hydrate and reduce the appearance of fine lines and bags.
- Night Cream – Apply this all over the face at night to wake up with plump, healthy hydrated skin.
- Cuticle softener – I love applying a small amount to my cuticles and nails for extra nourishment. This can be done when needed.
- Lip Balm – Skin Food works wonderfully as a lip balm. It can also be used as an intensive lip treatment: A clever tip; apply a generous amount to the lips, then gently rub off with a cotton bud or wipe for gentle exfoliation. It is also helpful to pop some especially in the corners of the mouth where skin tends to crack.
- Makeup Primer – Apply a small amount and allow product to absorb for ten minutes for 15 minutes before blotting with a tissue to take away any excess cream and apply makeup.
- Face Mask – Apply overnight as an intensive rescue remedy for dull, tired and under-nourished skin leaving the skin with a radiant appearance.
- Multi-purpose Travel essential – This is ideal to protect and replenish skin that is blasted by dry air- conditioning on long and short-haul flights, poop one in your hand bag.
Enjoy, be well xx
Shop Weleda Skin Food at The Well Store: https://www.thewellstore.com.au/collections/weleda/products/weleda-skin-food-75ml