La Mav - Bakuchiol 4% Natural Retinol Alternative (30ml)
- Sold By: Skin
- Categories ALL PRODUCTS, All Products (Excludes Sale), Australian Brands, La Mav, Serums, Skin, Skin Treatments, Vegan
- Type: Skin
Formulated with 4% Bakuchiol—this natural retinol alternative fights wrinkles, dullness and acne. It combines the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda with Australian native bio-actives for impressive results. Formulated to supercharge your routine by improving skin structure and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it contains adaptogenic herbs—Ashwagandha, Ginseng and Holy Basil—as well as powerful antioxidants from Pomegranate and Green Tea. Without the irritating effects of vitamin A, Bakuchiol is suitable for all skin types—including sensitive or ageing complexions.
- Fights wrinkles, acne and dullness
- Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Refines skin texture for smoother more even skin
- Improves the look of facial contour and elasticity
- 4% Bakuchiol is a 100% plant derived vegan retinol alternative to improve collagen production and cellular turnover while helping to fight acne, wrinkles and skin dullness. Derived from the leaves and seeds of the Babchi plant, bakuchiol is a powerful bioactive used traditionally in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to support skin health. Touted as a natural alternative to retinol—bakuchiol’s rich antioxidant profile helps to brighten and rejuvenate skin, stimulating collagen production and strengthening the skin’s extracellular matrix, fighting fine lines and wrinkles and counteracting the effects of oxidative stress.Exhibiting anti-inflammatory properties, it also assists in the treatment and reduction of pigmentation without any of the harsh side effects of retinol.
- Powerful apoptogenic blend of Ashwagandha, Ginseng and Holy Basil to fight stressors and firm the skin.
- Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogenic herb traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. Particularly useful in helping the body adapt and respond to stress—ashwagandha also contains phytochemicals that support immune health, heart health and help to fight inflammation.Its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties also make it beneficial in the treatment of acne—supporting skin healing—while its powerful antioxidant profile supports collagen production, making it useful in the fight against ageing.
- Ginseng has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine, it is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Improves skin tone and texture, supporting collagen synthesis and reducing the appearance of wrinkles, while also brightening the skin and protecting against UV-induced skin damage.
- Tulsi or Holy Basil, an adaptogenic herb is rich in antioxidants and is commonly used to combat the effects of stress—both internally and externally. It is both antimicrobial and antibacterial—supporting skin healing—as well as anti-inflammatory, promoting more even skin tone and texture by fighting the ageing effects of pigmentation and reducing free radical damage caused by environmental stressors.
- Rich source of antioxidants from Pomegranate, Green Tea and Flame Tree to fight harmful free radicals and protect the skin from blue light damage.
- Green Tea is rich in polyphenols—specifically catechins—green tea helps to protect and repair the skin from the damaging and ageing effects of free radicals.
- Contains Methylxanthines—compounds which are anti-inflammatory and help to reduce redness and irritation in the skin—and also inhibits collagenase, the enzyme that breaks down collagen. Improves skin elasticity, moisturisation and may also assist in repairing the effects of skin damage and ageing caused by sun exposure and other environmental factors.
- Pomegranate Concentrate has a rich antioxidant profile and contains high levels of ellagic acid and anthocyanins, pomegranate fruit extract promotes deep skin healing. With anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it regenerates the skin and stimulates blood flow, helping to promote anti-ageing activity and even protecting skin cells from oxidative stress caused by UVB.
- Flame Tree Extract is identifiable by its bright red bell-shaped flowers, the Flame Tree is also known as the ‘Kurrajong’ and is packed with powerful, bioavailable actives. Its potent antioxidant profile helps to support collagen production and fight the visible signs of ageing—brightening the skin and assisting with hydration.